Home | Parish Life | Media Gallery | Archives Gallery Archives Gallery Plaque presented to Murray Baer in honour of this 25th Anniversary as Organist and Choirmaster. Updated in 2018 to mark Murray’s retirement following 33 years of faithful and dedicated service.Easter Sunday, 1964 amid the scaffolding for the new church.Service of Rededication of the Chapel following several years of restoration. Rev. Canon Mark Kinghan presiding.Following a procession from the new church, Rev. Canon Mark Kinghan begins the service of rededication of the Chapel following extensive restorations.The first stage of the construction of Wrixon Hall and Sunday School rooms, 1956. The old rectory is visible in the background.View northward, showing the newly completed Wrixon Hall and the old rectory beside the Chapel.Order-of-Service for the “Opening, Dedication And Inspection of St. Mary’s Rectory, Richmond Hill, Sunday, May 27th, 1951” . Rev. W. F. Wrixon presiding.Construction begins for the building of the new church. Anglicans originally worshipped in Dr. Duncombe’s Hall, the structure across the street from the church. The David Dunlap Observatory is clearly visible in the distance.Certificate of congratulations from Mayor Barrow and Council on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the new church.The altar in the main church is decorated for Thanksgiving and the Harvest Festival.Schedule of Services for Christmas Day, 1932. The Rev. Secret was Rector. Included in a Christmas card from the Rector and Mrs. Secret.Christmas card dated 1932 from the Rector and Mrs. Secret. Schedule for Christmas Day Services included in the card.Prayer card from the Rector and Mrs. Secret. Date lacking.Postcard of the Chapel. Date lacking, probably from 1930’sLetter of thanks from The Queen following the Archives Committee’s publication of the book Gladdening Light : A Walk Around Guide to Our Heritage in Stained Glass. The first copy of the book was sent to Her Majesty in honour of her Diamond Jubilee.Bundles of Britain, 1939. Pictured: Laura Frisby, Kay McHugh, Marion Scrivener and Doris Leno and Rev. William Wrixon.The Chapel. Early 1950’s.The cornerstone of Wrixon Hall.Sod-Turning Ceremony for Wrixon Hall. July 17, 1955. Bishop G. A. Wells officiating.The official opening of Wrixon Hall. September 16, 1956. Pictured: The Rev. Arthur Chote, Bishop Wilkinson, Wardens Doug Storms, Robert Little and Charles Peacock.Aerial photo showing land purchases for future expansion.Bishop Wilkinson lays the cornerstone of the new church.The Primate, Archbishop Arthur Clark, visits the new church. Date lacking.Construction of the new church continues.At a special Vestry meeting in October, 1971, a motion was passed to remove pews form the Chapel. It was believed that this would make better use of the building when used for events other than Services. The pew where Warden Emeritus Harry Stanford and his wife has sat for over 25 years was carried across the street by the current Wardens and presented to “”Uncle Harry” in recognition of his many years of faithful service to the Parish.Print of interior the Chapel. Date lacking.Print of exterior of the Chapel. Date lacking.Catechism booklet.Photograph. Pictured: Marion Scrivener, Mrs. Pocknell, Gladys McLatchy, Lucy Yearer, Organist and The Rev. Pocknell. 1935. Photo taken by Doris Leno.Reception following Induction Service for Rev. Canon James O’Neil. 1957. Address by Warden Emeritus Harry Stanford.Photograph of exterior of the Chapel. Dated 1918.Wedding of Schofield Battersby and Olive Ross. Groom is the son of Rev. Battersby, Rector. Date lacking.The late Canon Robert Lecky, Incumbent of St. Mary’s 1989 – 2000Ring 350 for Climate Change. December 13, 2009. The Initiative was supported by the Outreach and Social Justice Committee and the Archives Committee. Rev. Canon Mark Kinghan, Rector.Celebrations of 125th Anniversary of the Parish. Cake was used on a float in Richmond Hill of Santa Claus Parade, 1997Float in Richmond Hill Santa Claus Parade, 1997 celebrating the Parish’s 125th Anniversary.Christmas Bazaar, 2017Christmas Bazaar, 2017Christmas Bazaar, 2017Christmas Bazaar (Frost Fair), 1989Construction of new church. 1964Construction of new church. 1964Construction of new church. 1964Postcard of the Chapel. Date lacking. Probably 1930’sLaying of the cornerstone in new church by Bishop Wilkinson. Richmond Hill Liberal? Citation lacking.Information re contents of cornerstone in Wrixon Hall. Richmond Hill Liberal. Citation lacking.Photograph of Don Little, Rev. William Wrixon and Harry Hill. Sunday, May 25, 1950. Mr. Hill and Mr. Little were the first licenced Lay Readers at St. Mary’s.Title page from an early Book of Common Prayer donated by The Church Society of The Diocese of Toronto. Dated June, 1862, prior to the establishment and naming of the Parish.Invoice from Morrison Brothers, Toronto, dated September 3, 1880 for the purchase of the wrought iron fence surrounding the Arnold Plot.Receipt for settlement of account between John Brown, the first Warden of the Parish and John Robert Arnold, donor of our original property. Dated January 17, 1880.