A full time Caretaker / Sexton is being sought by St. Mary’s Anglican Church in Richmond Hill.
St. Mary’s is an Anglican Church located in the heart of Richmond Hill at the corner of Yonge Street and Major Mackenzie Drive. We pride ourselves on being a faith community that shares the faith that is in us, by loving and serving all!
St. Mary’s is a busy environment in which many programs and activities occur, 7 days a week. We offer an engaging and collaborative working environment, impressive facilities, professional growth opportunities, as well as a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.
About This Staff Role
St. Mary’s has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Caretaker to join our team. The Caretaker is responsible for maintaining an attractive, sanitary and safe facility. Priority for this role will be cleaning the church to a consistently high standard, which includes: garbage removal, vacuuming, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces. This role will also provide equipment and furniture arrangements for meetings, teaching activities, and events; and performing minor repairs and preventive maintenance. This job is for a reliable, self starter and involves a variety of duties requiring attention to detail and a high quality of service.
We are inviting candidates with the following qualifications to apply:
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to excellence in service
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Previous custodial experience is an asset
- Fluent in English language
- Willing to submit to Police Vulnerable Sector background check
- Ability to push, lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Repetitive tasks, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
We are seeking applicants with strengths in our core values which are Professionalism, Adaptability & Flexibility, Continuous Improvement and Communication & Collaboration. In addition, applicants should possess strengths in Staff competencies, which are:
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Prioritization
- Continuous Learning
We offer a competitive compensation and provide the following:
- A stimulating work environment
- An attractive and modern campus nestled in the core of Richmond Hill
- A culture based on the principles of generosity, hospitality and charity
- An environment that encourages diversity and inclusion
- $30,000 annual salary with benefits
Resumes should be forwarded to: Ms. Betty Lehming, parish administrator, email@example.com by Thursday April 25, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest however we will only contact those selected for an interview.